Sunday, March 07, 2010

Treadmill Diary #2

Number of Days: 15
Number of Usage: 12

On the 5th day, my right knee started to give me trouble. it was a rather sad... or should i say, pathetic incident? after all, all i did was walking. Like, normal 2-2.5 mph walking! needless to say, i was more embarrassed at myself than anything else. guess it's gonna be more dreadful than i thought. i am what the chinese call "tiger head, snake tail"... i'm headstrong, impatient, and rarely finish anything i started... hobbies, books, blogs, diet plans, music instruments... parents and the "social order", sadly, had pushed me through school and back in school (otherwise, i probably wouldn't have finished that either). On top of that, i am "all or nothing". So for my treadmill plan this time around, i made sure to stay where i thought i was comfortable...urrrrhhhh... what a drag! anyhow, i whined a little, rolled my eyes at myself a little, and got back to walking slower and shorter duration. i also got myself a pair of walking shoes. apparently, there are specifically "walking shoes"?! come on, what happened to just dress shoes and athletic shoes? there are shoes of every sports now... i fooled myself, covered my ears and said, "new shoes are what's missing in my regime"... and ordered a pair of new balance 558 pink and white walking shoes. After all, finding the right things to wear is what..80%... of the effort? Today is day 15, walk #12. it was good, my right knee is holding up. Next goal: train my dogs to run on the treadmill!

No comments: