Saturday, March 06, 2010

Treadmill Diary #1

Treadmill : Proform XP 690T
Source: Parents
Occasion: 26th B-day
Day: 3
Usage: 4
Favorite track: Lady Gaga- Summer Boy

It's been 3 days since i owned my first treadmill. In my crowded little apartment it looks humongous! I swear when i saw it at Sears, it seemed half the size. This is my first attempt to voluntarily start a self-indulge exercise schedule in... oh... i don't know... probably never! After my body crossed the 20th year mark, it had been thrown in to this wacko place where things start to show signs of wear and tear, if you know what i mean. This is insane...i'm a 50 years old trapped in a 20 something body...I am actually standing in the dairy aisle, next to some middle age mom, reading the ingredient on Activa! It is just sad.

My 26 b day is coming up, my mama and papa dropped a delicious offer on my lap - take dad's credit card and go shopping!! Needless to say, i crossed out the other hundred things i wanted in my closet, i promptly bought this treadmill. Let's face it, no matter how many times i decided to enroll in a gym, i am never gonna actually go on a regular bases. It is a known face that, I am, i hate to say this, but definitely a couch potato. Don't get me wrong, i love going outdoors, camping, skiing, or taking walk in the snow...but these still are occasional events. So now, with a humongous machines sitting in my living room staring right at me and my couch...i actually feel motivated to get on it. The neat thing is definitely that i can combine my absolutely favorite thing to do with my not-so-favorite thing - TV plus walking. Yep, i said walking. Not a fan of running under any circumstances...besides, i'm way too heavy for my joints to take that kind of abuse. Dad kept telling me this story about a mother who wanted to donate her liver to save her life's son. Unfortunately, at the time, she was obese and have a not-so-desirable liver. This poor mother walked off a ton of weight in 3 months and end up happily saving her beloved son. Oh No! My goals are never that ambitious. My goal is simple, when i pick up that remote control, i want to be on the treadmill, walking...nowhere. =) One step at a time, my friend, one step at a time.

No comments: